QC Learning Commons (LC)
QC Learning Commons (LC) is dedicated to supporting students at Queens College in achieving academic excellence. LC offers tutoring, peer mentoring, workshops and other support services across multiple subject areas, encouraging collaboration to promote learning and support student success.
Learning is a collaborative process. And right now, more than ever.
All services are free. Participation is
voluntary. Come once. Come regularly. All are welcome.
- Connect with others.
- Meet with peer mentors and tutors.
- Join or start a discussion group.
- Participate in an interactive workshop.
Accessing your Queens College Google Suite Account:
- Don't have access yet? Click HERE.
- Select "Instructions for new student users" and follow the directions.
- Need help? Call or email us with any questions.
Support Programs within LC
▶︎ Academic Support Center
Support in the following areas:
- Content Courses: Tutoring for humanities and social science courses such as psychology, linguistics, French, economics, accounting, etc.
- English Skill Level: Support for non-native English speakers who are seeking practice in listening and speaking in academic settings, as well as practice in fluency and accuracy.
- Study Skills: Support in areas such as developing study skills, time management, stress reduction, etc.
Appointment Form for Accounting, Business, Economics:
Appointment Form for Courses Other than STEM:
Phone: Monday through Friday, 9:00-5:00
▶︎ HSI Stem Peer Mentors Program
Support in a variety of STEM courses: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Environmental Science, Geology, and Physics.
▶︎ Immersion Program
Provides intensive workshops designed to support college readiness. Focus is on skills to prepare students for English Composition and/or Mathematical & Quantitative Reasoning coursework. Instruction is tuition-free during the summer and/or winter intersession for students enrolled in specific courses in the upcoming semester.
▶︎ Writing Center (WC)
Support in writing, reading, and communication-based assignments. The Writing Center provides targeted support for English 110 and other Writing Intensives across campus
Additional Tutoring Services across QC
Want help connecting? Let LC help. Contact information for LC in righthand column.
First Year Experience:
Mathematics Tutoring: Support for math classes.
Psychology Tutoring: PSYCH 107 (Psych Stats) and PSYCH 213W (Experimental Psych)
SEEK Writing Center & SEEK Learning Center
Spanish Peer Tutoring
TIME 2000 Peer Tutors (MT4)
Postponed Computer Science Tutoring: Departmental support for computer science currently not available. HOWEVER- See HSI STEM above as they offer some support in CS.