QC Learning Commons
Learning is a collaborative process.
This year, right now, more than ever.
Get the most out of your education and experience.
Enhance your learning through the Learning Commons.
- Connect with others.
- Join a discussion group.
- Collaborate with tutors and peer mentors.
- Join an interactive workshop.
- Find study buddies.
- Drop-in or schedule appointments with tutors.
Services are free. Participation is
voluntary. Come once. Come regularly. All are welcome!
Instructions to Activate Accounts and Gain Access to Faciliate Collaboration.
- Use college versions of Google Meet, Zoom, Google Classroom, and Blackboard.
- Activate and access your Queens College Google Suite Account.
- Don't have access? Click HERE.
- Select "Instructions for new student users" and follow the directions.
- Need help? Call or email us if you have a problem!
Academic Support Center
Phone: 718-997-5670 during office hours.
Virtual Drop-In Hours: Monday through Thursday, 3:00-5:00 when College is open. ZOOM
- Content Courses: Support in course-content-based tutoring such as social sciences, languages, economics, linguistics, etc.
- ESL: Support for non-native English speakers who
are seeking practice in listening and speaking in academic settings, as
well as practice in fluency and accuracy.
- Study Skills: Support in areas such as developing study skills, time management, preparing and giving oral presentations.
HSI Stem Peer Mentors Program
- Support in a variety of STEM courses: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Environmental Science, Geology, and Physics.
Writing Center (WC)
- Support in writing, reading, and communication-based assignments.
The Writing Center provides targeted support for English 110 and other
Writing Intensives across campus.
Other Tutoring Services
Additional places on campus where tutoring support is available include the following:
First Year Experience:
Mathematics Tutoring: Support for math classes.
Psychology Tutoring: PSYCH 107 (Psych Stats) and PSYCH 213W (Experimental Psych)
SEEK Writing Center & SEEK Learning Center
Spanish Peer Tutoring
TIME 2000 Peer Tutors (MT4)
Postponed Computer Science Tutoring: Support for computer science coming Spring 2021.