QC Learning Commons
QC Learning Commons (LC) is dedicated to supporting students at Queens College in achieving academic excellence. LC connects students with a network of peer mentors and tutors across multiple subject areas and encourages collaboration to promote learning.
Learning is a collaborative process. This year, right now, more than ever.
All services are free. Participation is
voluntary. Come once. Come regularly. All are welcome.
- Connect with others.
- Meet with peer mentors and tutors.
- Join or start a discussion group.
- Participate in an interactive workshop.
- Find study buddies.
Accessing your Queens College Google Suite Account:
- Don't have access yet? Click HERE.
- Select "Instructions for new student users" and follow the directions.
- Need help? Call or email us with any questions.
Tutoring services within LC
Academic Support Center
Appointment Form for Accounting, Business, Economics:
Appointment Form for Courses Other than STEM:
Phone: Monday through Friday, 9:00-5:00
- Content Courses: Tutoring for humanities and social science courses such as psychology, linguistics, French, economics, accounting, etc.
- ESL: Support for non-native English speakers who
are seeking practice in listening and speaking in academic settings, as
well as practice in fluency and accuracy.
- Study Skills: Support in areas such as developing study skills, time management, stress reduction, etc.
HSI Stem Peer Mentors Program
- Support in a variety of STEM courses: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Environmental Science, Geology, and Physics.
Writing Center (WC)
- Support in writing, reading, and communication-based assignments.
The Writing Center provides targeted support for English 110 and other
Writing Intensives across campus
Additional Tutoring Services across QC
Want help connecting? Let LC help. Contact information for LC in righthand column.
First Year Experience:
Mathematics Tutoring: Support for math classes.
Psychology Tutoring: PSYCH 107 (Psych Stats) and PSYCH 213W (Experimental Psych)
SEEK Writing Center & SEEK Learning Center
Spanish Peer Tutoring
TIME 2000 Peer Tutors (MT4)
Postponed Computer Science Tutoring: Departmental support for computer science currently not available until Spring 2021. HOWEVER- See HSI STEM above as they offer some support in CS.