M.S. in Risk Management
Leverage your interest in finance with a Master’s degree or a 12-credit Advanced Certificate in Risk Management, a field with rapidly growing career possibilities on Wall Street and across every sector.
- Study in a top program that’s affordable—and in close proximity to the world’s capital markets
- Our graduates go on to careers in major financial institutions as well as industry, government, consulting, assurance, and audit and actuarial services
Risk management isn’t just about insurance and derivatives—it’s a field that is increasingly vital for any business that hopes to control exposure and make strategic decisions about what risks to assume. At Queens College, our job placement rate is exemplary, with virtually all our graduates working in risk management or related fields.
Students can now choose from a variety of concentrations:
Finance, Accounting, or Actuarial Studies
The Queens College Foundation has very generously given over $400,000 for graduate scholarships this year. New applicants for Fall 2019 entry should apply by April 15 in order to be considered.
Why pursue Risk Management at Queens College?
- Our faculty are practitioners and thought leaders.
- Many Classes are Hybrid with some of the work done online in lieu of in-person meetings
- Evening classes so you can complete your master’s degree without putting your career on hold.
- Take advantage of networking opportunities, enrichment programs and a dedicated career counselor.
- Gain exposure to leading-edge software and tools, like: Bloomberg, Moody's iESG, VBA, R, and Python programming
If you are a current undergraduate student at Queens College who would like to take graduate courses to earn an Advanced Certificate in Risk Management while earning your Bachelors degree, see: http://accelerate.qc.cuny.edu/
As an alternative to the 30-credit M.S., you can earn a 12-credit Advanced Certificate in Risk Management which gives you exposure to the growing area of Risk Management.