The Center for Jewish Studies has a growing number of significant academic publications, of interest to scholars and laymen alike. The complete list appears below; several publication covers are also reprinted below.
Individual publications may be purchased directly from the Center. If you wish to obtain a specific publication, please contact the Center, either by calling the number above, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Herbert Berman Memorial Lecture
Israel Singer, Holocaust Era Assets: The Moral Perspective, November 17, 1999
Elisheva Carlebach, The Death of Simon Abeles: Jewish-Christian Tension in Seventeenth-Century Prague, November 7, 2001
Suzanne Last Stone, Between Truth and Trust: The False Prophet as Self-Deceiver?, October 29, 2003
- Geoffrey Hartman, Holocaust Testimony, Videography and Education, The Marvin and Celina Zborowski Endowment Lecture, May 2, 2001
- Warren Zev Harvey, Maimonides’ Political Philosophy and Its Relevance for the State of Israel Today, The Dean Ernest Schwarcz Memorial Lecture, November 15, 2001
- Feige Kaplan, Should We Be Moaning About Cloning? Opportunities and Concerns in the New Genetics, The Dr. William Weil and Dr. Martha Weil Memorial Lecture, March 6, 2002
- Jenna Weissman Joselit, From Ghetto to Suburb: American Jews on the Move, 1880s–1950s, The Jack, Louis and Ida, and Rose Lummer Memorial Lecture, October 8, 2003
- Warren Zev Harvey, Judah Halevi’s Political Philosophy and Its Relevance for the State of Israel Today, The Dean Ernest Schwarcz Memorial Lecture, November 19, 2003
The Jewish Condition
Other Special Publications Available Through The Center
- Nasser D. Khalili, Islamic Arts & Culture.
- Mark Podwal, Jerusalem Sky: Stars,Crosses, and Crescents.
- Mark Podwal, “Sweet Year” Wall Calendar.
Purchase Price Of Publications (Including Shipping)
Queens College Journal Of Jewish Studies: A Student Publication
- Volume I, Spring 1999, Michael Adler & Daniel Chung, eds.
- Volume II, Spring 2000, Elana Ducat & Malka Epstein, eds.
- Volume III, Spring 2001, Dena Bieler & Leah Rabinovits, eds.
- Volume IV, Spring 2002, Rifka Libman Schulman & Justin Engel, eds.
- Volume V, Spring 2003, Rebecca Finkel & Deborah Kahan, eds.
- Volume VI, Spring 2004, Nicole Iny & Russel Neiss, eds.
- Volume VII, Spring 2005, Michael Gutman & Bracha Feit, eds.
- Volume VIII, Spring 2006, David Greenberg & Lauren Talerman, eds.
- Volume X, Spring 2008, Ari Moshkovski, editor-in-chief.
- Volume XI, Spring 2009, editors-in-chief Faigy Abdelhak & Laura Sonneborn-Turetsky.
- Volume XII, Spring 2010, editors-in-chief Daniella E. Adler & Chana Rosenthal.
- Volume XIII, Spring 2011, editorsin-chief Natalie Davidson & Camelia Serghie.
- Volume XIV, Spring 2012, editor-in chief, Camelia Serghie.
- Volume XV, Summer 2013, editors-in chief, Daniella Chaim & Laura Meltzer.
- Volume XVI, Spring 2014, editors-in-chief, Daniella Chaim & Allison Teicher.
- Volume XVII, Spring 2015, Editor-in-Chief, Allison Teicher.
Queens College Journal Of Jewish Studies: A Student Public Conference/Symposium Proceedings
Moses Maimonides: Communal Impact and Historic Legacy: Proceedings of an International Symposium, November 16, 2003, edited by Benny Kraut [Essays by Professors David Berger, Jane S. Gerber, Warren Zev Harvey,and Allan Nadler]
The Enduring Legacy of Yitzchok Leybush Peretz: Proceedings of a Literary and Cultural Symposium, March 27, 2005, edited by Benny Kraut [Essays by Professors Chava Lapin, Emanuel S. Goldsmith, Dan Miron, and Ken Frieden]