CUNY-Italy Exchange Program
Conducted in Italian
OPEN TO ALL CUNY STUDENTS who meet the Eligibility Requirements.
- Fall/Academic Year in Italy: April 1st
- Spring Semester in Italy: October 1st
Approximate Academic Year Dates: September – July
- Approximate Fall Dates: September – Mid-February
- Approximate Spring Dates: February to July
- Completion of at least one semester at CUNY
- Minimum 2.85 GPA at your home campus.
- Completion of at least four college-level Italian classes or the equivalent level.
- Exception: Students enrolling in the Intensive Italian Language & Culture Program at the Università Per Stranieri.
For more information, please consult the:
Can I get Financial Aid?
This will depend on your package, but usually, students can receive Financial Aid for tuition for exchange programs since you would be paying CUNY tuition. TAP is not always guaranteed. You must make an appointment with Financial Aid to further discuss the details.
You must submit a Course Approval Form to the Financial Aid Office.
—> Information on Course Approval Forms can be found HERE.
See our “Financial Aid for Study Abroad” Page HERE for more details.
-See our Scholarships Page HERE
-Queens College Internal Scholarships
See our “How to Transfer Study Abroad Credits” Page HERE for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT GRADUATION
For example, if you study abroad in the Fall, you will not be able to graduate until the Spring because it takes us a while to receive your transcript.
Frequently Asked Questions
As this program has a language requirement, almost all of your classes will be in Italian.
2. How much does the program cost?
An estimate is in the brochure above.
What is not included: International Insurance Fee, Visa Fee, Flights, etc.
We have a podcast called “Study Abroad Stories.”
See our Podcast Page.