Post-Master’s Advanced Certificate in Bilingual Pupil Personnel
The Department of Educational and Community Programs provides a sequence of courses for practicing school counselors, school psychologists, and school social workers who are seeking a bilingual extension. The 15 credit sequence of courses is approved by the New York State Education Department and includes a field component. The purpose of the sequence is to prepare school counselors, school psychologists, and school social workers to provide bilingual educational, psychological, and mental health services to linguistically diverse students and parents in school settings. Graduate students completing the 15 credit sequence will be eligible for the New York State Education Department’s bilingual extension in their respective fields.
Requirements for Matriculation
These requirements are in addition to the general requirements for matriculation.
- A copy of a graduate transcript from the institution that granted the degree in the candidate’s respective discipline
- A copy of a valid New York State license or certificate in the candidate’s respective discipline
- A letter from the employer stating that the candidate is currently employed as a bilingual clinician and that the job responsibilities include providing educational, psychological, and mental health services to bilingual students and families in the candidate’s respective languages
- A copy of the New York State Bilingual Education Assessment examination scores
- Candidates will be invited in for an interview with the program coordinators.