The Office of Information Technology (ITS) supports the mission and strategic plan of Queens College, providing leadership and direction concerning the technical operations of the college’s core academic and administrative applications, network, telephone, and data systems. ITS comprises of seven pillars:
- Business Operations: End user support in Client Services, Field Services, Q-Card Office, Service Desk, and Application Training.
- Campus Distribution – Mailroom and Central Receiving: The mailroom sorts, processes, and distributes incoming and outgoing U.S. Postal Service mail as well as interoffice and intercampus mail. Central Receiving manages incoming and outgoing packages from companies such as UPS and FedEx.
- Cybersecurity: This division protects the security of data that crosses the networks and promotes the preservation of personal security and privacy for the campus community.
- Instructional Technology – provides support, planning, and development of campus classrooms and labs.
- Strategic Operations: overseeing the following areas, IT Infrastructure Services, Networking and Enterprise Applications, the division of Strategic Operations provides backend support for many of the services that provide communication and computer systems on campus, such as email, telephone, QC wifi, and IT security.
- Digital Media & Web Technology: manages the College website from a technical standpoint and is responsible for supporting departments with creating digital media content.
- ITS Budget & HR: Oversees ITS budget, purchasing, HR, and Student Technology Fees.
Chief Information Officer and Assistant Vice President
ITS Budget & HR
Oversees ITS budget, purchasing, HR, and Student Technology Fee
Director of ITS Budget and HR
ITS Business Operations
Oversees all IT front-facing services, Help Desk, Training, etc.
Deputy CIO- Business Operations
ITS Strategic Operations
Oversees Technology infrastructure: servers, networking, telephone services.
Deputy CIO – Strategic Operations
Oversees various aspects of cybersecurity within the institution to safeguard the college’s information technology infrastructure, systems, and data from cyber threats and ensure digital resources’ confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
Chief Information Securities Officer
Web Technologies & Digital Media Productions
College website and digital media development
Director, Web Technologies & Digital Media Productions
Mailroom / Warehouse
Oversees the mailroom and warehouse
Director, Mailroom and Warehouse
The Office for Instructional Technology Services is committed to inspiring innovation in line with QC’s strategic focus on transformational teaching and learning for credit-bearing and continuing education courses in parallel with the Center for Teaching and Learning and Continuing Education office.
Director, Instructional Technology Services