Minor in General Linguistics
Advisor: Michael Newman
For advising, students can make an appointment at michaelnewman.youcanbook.me.
Program of Study (18 credits: 6 courses, 3 credits each):
- LCD 101 (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- LCD 116 (Fall)
- LCD 120 (Fall)
- LCD 150 (Fall)
- LCD 205 (Spring)
- Either LCD 220 (Spring) or LCD 250 (Spring)
- LCD 101 is a prerequisite to all 200 level courses.
- LCD 120 and 205 are generally offered in the Summer as well; make sure to check the schedule in CUNYfirst.
- LCD 120 is a prerequisite to LCD 220
- LCD 150 is a prerequisite to LCD 250
See course descriptions.
Some courses listed above may be substituted for CSD majors.
No course will count toward this minor with a grade lower than C–.