Action Now: a Service Learning Project
All courses are FREE and are held at Queens College.
New York City Public High School ESL students who meet the academic admissions requirements are eligible to participate.
Fall semester (October-January)
Saturday, 9am – 12:30pm
Earned Credit and Certificates
- Participants may earn Service Credit for participation in various community service projects from their high school.
- Participants with 70%+ attendance and a grade of 70+ earn an official Queens College Certificate of Participation.
- Participants with 95%+ attendance and a grade of 95+ earn an official Queens College Certificate of Special Achievement.
Participants gain the confidence to go into their community and make a difference by researching, designing and putting into action their own community service project. As part of their training they also participate in group community service projects. They develop skills important to success in college such as leadership, public speaking, problem-solving, project management and communication with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, team-building and team-work.
- You must be recommended by the College Now liaison at your high school
- You are a responsible ninth or tenth grader
- You are interested in learning about as well as doing community service
- You are motivated to take action!
- You have good attendance at school and have a GPA of 70+