Am I eligible for the Transfer Honors Program?
- You have completed at least 60 credits towards an associate’s or bachelor’s degree at another accredited college/university but have not obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- You have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- You will be attending Queens College.
- You are not a current Queens College student.
Whom should I ask for a letter of recommendation?
- We recommend asking a former professor who has taught a subject related to the major you will pursue at Queens College.
- Someone who can speak to your academic or research track record and potential.
What should I submit for my writing sample?
- A paper you have written in a course related to a major you will pursue at Queens College.
- A paper you have written in a humanities or social science related course.
- Research papers or analyses rather than personal reflections.
How long should my writing sample be?
- Approximately 4-7 pages.
- Please don’t send us a book or a one page paper.
What are you looking for in a writing sample?
- Analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Evidence of original thought and/or passion.
- Readability and clarity.
Can I send materials other than a paper?
- We will still need a writing sample. However, we are happy to consider additional materials such as: art portfolios, science posters, resumes, sound/video files, photography.
If I already submitted a transcript to the Admissions Office, do I need to submit a separate transcript with my Transfer Honors Program application?
- Yes. The Transfer Honors Program operates separately from the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Do I need to send an official transcript?
- If you are transferring from another CUNY school, you may submit an unofficial transcript.
- If you are transferring from a non-CUNY school, please have the registrar email us an official transcript.