Applicants for Re-entry
Students who have missed a semester or more and wish to return to the college within the same program must file for re-entry. Please follow the instructions below to submit your re-entry application:
1) Click on the Graduate Application link to the right to create your account.
2) You will be directed to complete your application where you will select re-entry as the application type.
3) There is a non-refundable $20 application fee. You have the option of paying by credit card, check, or U.S. Post Office money order. Please make the check or money order payable to Queens College. If you choose to pay by credit card, please follow the instructions on the application.
4) Once all required fields are completed, you may submit your application for processing.
5) Departments may require an essay, letters of reference and/or an interview in order to consider your re-entry application.
Following are the deadlines:
• August 15 for fall semester
• January 15 for spring semester
• May 15 for summer session
Note: All requirements for the Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Library Science, Master of Music, or Master of Science degree must be completed within a period of four years. The Master of Arts in Teaching or the Master of Science in Education degree must be completed within a period of five years. Graduate courses taken beyond these time periods cannot be counted toward the degree without permission of the academic department/dean. It is advisable for re-entering students to make an appointment with a graduate faculty advisor prior to registration.