- Creating personal time management plans
- Preparing study materials for midterms and finals
- Choosing majors and minors
- Designing schedules for next semester with Degreeworks
- Navigating campus services—including instructors’ office hours—and student organizations
Check out our full list of appointment campaigns for the semester here!
Students can make appointments with mentors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or a specific mentor directly. We also welcome drop-ins during our Online and In-Person Office Hours. If you’d like to read more about the mentors’ majors and interests or find a mentor’s email, their bios are here.
Faculty are welcome to refer students to FYE. We can extend personal invitations to meet with mentors to students who may benefit from talking to peers about how to thrive on campus.
How do I become an FYE Mentor?
Are you interested in helping new students develop academically and socially at Queens College? FYE invites students who have been enrolled here for a semester or more to apply for a paid position as an FYE Mentor. Advantages include
- Developing leadership skills in FYE’s paid workshops for mentors
- Expanding your knowledge of academic communities
- Practice in applying and interviewing for a professional job
- Helping to build a college community where everyone receives the support they need
FYE begins the process of accepting and reviewing mentor applications during the Spring semester. Our application can be found here!