This course has five 2-hour theory sessions at Queens College and two 5-hour practicum sessions at North Shore Animal League America headquarters in Port Washington, New York. Brown bag lunch welcomed; beverages will be provided by NSALA to all practicum students.
Total instructional time: 20 hours
Textbooks: Binder will be provided.
• The Mutt-i-grees Curriculum: New, Innovative and in High Demand
• Man’s Best Friend: Now in a School (or Library) Near You!
• Homeless Pets: From Rescue to Adoption and Beyond: Understanding Shelter Operations and the Opportunities for Learning They Offer
• Empathy: How Important Is It?
• The End Goal: a Happy Home for All Pets
• An Approach to Teaching Social and Emotional Skills
• Reaching Out to the Community
This program is not available this semester.