Online Career Certificate Programs
Queens College Professional and Continuing Studies and Emerging Technologies Institute (ETI) have partnered to deliver ETI’s online career training programs to potential students interested in the option of online instruction.
Explore the choice of enrolling in our NEW Online Career Training Platform as an introduction to a new field of study or to upgrade your current skill-sets in the business and technology sectors. You can earn certification, in selected courses, after successful completion of your prescribed course of study. Enhance your chances of new employment opportunities or as an upgrade to your existing position, by registering in one or more of our many program options. The time is now!
The start date for each program is the first Monday of every month, as enrollment dictates.
• Complete and submit the PCS Registration Form online.
• Select the program of choice below. This will take you to ETI’s website.
• Review the program information and select “Enroll Today” to process your payment.
You will receive a Queens College PCS transcript as well as a PCS certificate upon successful completion of a program.
This program includes 6 certification courses. It is designed to develop information technology skills in various fields, such as computer repair, software installation and upgrade, server and network administration, network security and cloud computing.
6 courses / Two 11-week quarters / 218 hours
• Internetworking and Telecommunications Skills
This program teaches the foundation skills to build a career in IT, specifically in administering cloud-based business solutions and operating in computing environments that use Microsoft Windows 10. The program also covers the capabilities of mobile devices, the features of over-the-air technologies, and messaging and collaboration tools. In addition, the student learns how to manage the process for how information is exchanged and gains a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL service lifecycle.
16 courses / Two 12-week quarters / 230 hours
• MCSA Windows Server 2016
This program includes topics such as installing, configuring and administering a Windows Server 2016 environment. It also covers software testing that is required to mitigate the risk of software failures and ensure confidence in systems. This program comprises 4 courses. It is designed to develop the skills necessary to qualify to work as a network or computer systems administrator, a computer network specialist, or a software tester.
4 courses / 10 weeks / 92 hours
• MCSE SharePoint 2013/2016
Candidates will learn how to use this business collaboration platform for enterprises and the web. This includes setting up websites to share information with others, manage documents from start to finish, and publish reports to help everyone in a group or business make better decisions.
6 courses / 10 weeks / 100 hours
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
This program teaches the skills for designing, implementing, and administering infrastructures for business solutions based on Windows Server 2012. This includes the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of network systems.
3 courses / 12 weeks / 117 hours
Information Technology Skills
• Internet and Network Technologies
This program prepares the student for job readiness in many business and technology-related careers. Understanding the fundamentals of networking, Internet Protocols, LAN and WAN security as well as cloud computing is important for all professionals who use the Internet.
16 courses / 17 weeks / 171 hours
• Web Design
This program teaches students how to use the basic techniques of website design and development. This is done through introducing digital imaging toolsets, scripting and web language, and web content development toolsets.
21 courses / 15 weeks / 147 hours
• Microsoft Office 2016
This program teaches candidates to use desktop application programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, SharePoint, Visio, OneDrive, and OneNote to function effectively in an office environment in many positions that require day-to-day problem-solving skills. Students also learn how to use Skype for business.
26 courses / 10 weeks / 128 hours
• Human Resources
This program helps prepare individuals for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) PHR and SPHR certifications as well as the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) CP and SCP certifications.
20 courses / 9 weeks / 87 hours
• PMBOK – PMP Certification
This program teaches the guidelines, rules, and characteristics for project management. Since these standards are widely accepted and consistently applied, they help the candidate achieve professional excellence.
4 courses / 8 weeks / 81 hours
• Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Certifications
Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt make use of a rigorous, systematic methodology known as DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control), as well as several qualitative and quantitative tools. The goal is to drive process, product, and service improvements for reducing variations and defects.
This online program is aligned with the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green Belt and the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt certifications. It is designed to assist learners as a part of successful exams preparations.
15 courses / 8 weeks / 78 hours
• Communication Skills at Work
This program aims to increase the individual’s professional effectiveness in the workplace by teaching key communication skills.
48 courses / 14 weeks / 140 hours
• Customer Service
This program is intended to show the proper procedures and processes needed to provide customer service in an effective and efficient manner. It helps to prepare the students to work in a support center or help desk environment.
7 courses / 15 weeks / 150 hours
• Finance and Accounting
This program teaches candidates how to develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control; determine financial performance; and develop, implement and maintain a general accounting system.
5 courses / 5 weeks / 47 hours
This program teaches candidates how to inspire trust, build credibility, define a clear purpose, create systems of success, and unleash the talents and energy of a winning team.
14 courses / 7 weeks / 70 hours
This program aids in the understanding of essential responsibilities involved when directing others, and teaches the practices to employ in order to meet those responsibilities.
33 courses / 14 weeks / 134 hours
• Personal Development
This program teaches candidates how to optimize their performance on the job while doing business professionally and generating creative and innovative ideas. They also learn how to plan for effective time and ultimately career management, as well as problem-solving and decision-making techniques. Candidates are taught the basis of critical thinking, peer relationship, and business ethics as well as how to be perseverant and resilient while performing under pressure.
47 courses / 14 weeks / 140 hours
• Sales and Marketing
This program teaches key skills required in prospecting, bargaining, sales strategy and sales management. It also covers techniques for successful traditional marketing, e-business, and global marketing campaigns.
19 courses / 7 weeks / 70 hours
One-Year and Two-Year Programs
• Business Office Information Systems
- New Start in January, February, May, June, September, and October
- This program trains students for entry-level employment as business office specialists with the additional skills of being able to set up, monitor, and maintain basic networking systems.
- Comprehensive instruction fully prepares graduates to sit for the A+ 220-901, A+ 220-902, Certified Business Analysis, Network+, and Mobility+ vendor certification exams.
- 16 courses / 4 13-week quarters (1 year) / 684 hours
• Computer Network Administration
- New Start in January, May, and September
- The Computer Network Administration online training program teaches the foundation skills to build a career in IT. Understanding the fundamentals of server and network administration, network security, administering cloud-based business solutions, as well as wireless technology and the capabilities of mobile devices are important for all professionals who use the Internet.
- This program is designed to develop the skills necessary to qualify to work as a network or computer systems administrator or a computer network specialist.
- 23 courses / 4 22-week terms (2 years) / 880 hours
• Management and Leadership
- New Start in January, May, and September
- The online management and leadership career training program aids in the understanding of essential responsibilities involved when directing others and teaches the practices to employ in order to meet those responsibilities. As a leader, your capacity for motivating plays a key element in the success of your organization. This program also teaches the candidate how to inspire trust, build credibility, define a clear purpose, create systems of success, and unleash the talents and energy of a winning team.
- The candidate will also learn basic communication as well as computer productivity skills that are indispensable in today’s office environment.
- Occupational objective: Supervisor, Team Leader, Departmental Head, Director, Executive
- 11 courses / 4 22-week terms (2 years) / 880 hours
• Web Design and Software Development
- New Start in January, May, and September
- Web design encompasses many different skills in the production and maintenance of websites. The different areas of web development include web graphic and interface design; authoring, including standardized code and proprietary software; user experience design; and search engine optimization.
- Software systems are increasingly ubiquitous in all aspects of our lives. Failures in these systems can be costly in terms of money, time, and business reputation. Effective software design, development and testing is integral to mitigating harm caused by failures and providing confidence in systems.
- This program will teach students basic techniques of web site design and development. This is done through introducing digital imaging toolsets, scripting and web language, and web content development toolsets. Students will also learn the latest recommended techniques for designing, developing and testing high quality software.
- Occupational objective: Computer Programmer, Web Designer Programmer
- 22 courses / 4 22-week terms (2 years) / 880 hours