Effective February 3, 2023, Central has re-established the Vacancy Review Board (VRB). The VRB Guidelines, Instructions, and the Template links are below. The guidelines were revised in March 2023. The local or Queens College Budget Review Committee (BRC) is the first step in the review process. The template provided will be used for all requests.
For Academics: all full and part time requests funded by tax levy and soft funds (RF, QCF, etc.) should be included and completed templates submitted to your respective dean or division head. Once approved, the template will be forwarded to M. Watch, Office of the Provost, for inclusion on the BRC agenda. All requests supported by RF funds should first be reviewed by Poline Papoulis, ORSP, to confirm budget availability. ORSP will forward the template to M. Watch for inclusion on the BRC meeting agenda. BRC dispositions on all requests will be communicated to the appropriate dean/division head. If an action requires VRB review, it will be forwarded after the BRC review and the final VRB disposition will be communicated to the dean/division head. (VRB Guidelines are included in the link below.) Contact your dean/division head for questions and specifics on the timelines below.
The VRB template tab labeled “Personnel” should be used for salary and rank/title changes. The “Vacancy” tab should be used for all other actions.
Important timeline for BRC request submissions:
- Friday noon: BRCs due to M. Watch, Office of the Provost
- Wednesday 9 AM: BRC meets; dispositions communicated
Important timeline for VRB request submissions:
- Thursday 9:30 AM: for actions requiring VRB review, backup documents (staffing plans, JVNs, org charts) are due to M. Watch for VRB submission
- Following Thursday or Friday: VRB meets
- Monday following VRB meeting: VRB communicates dispositions
- Monday: Watch communicates VRB dispositions to dean/division head
At-A-Glance Guide for Searches