Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I call if I have a safety or health concern?

Health and safety concerns are handled by the office of Environmental Health and Safety, and they can be reached at 718-997-2881. If the concern is for an imminent danger, contact Public Safety at 718-997-5912

Where do I get information about campus emergency procedures and announcements?

Information can be found by visiting the Queens College Emergency Preparedness Website.

How do I request a service?

Call our Helpdesk at 718-997-3520, or submit the on-line Work Order Request Form.

How long does it take for requested service to be performed?

Work is scheduled based on priority and the date your request is approved. Schedules for the completion of projects can be found in our Project Protocol. Also cleaning scheduling can be found in our cleaning schedule.pdf

How can I check the status of my work request?

Call the Buildings and Grounds Helpdesk at 718-997-3250 or e-mail to Please have your work order or quote number on-hand.

How can I be notified of utility shutdowns?

Buildings and Grounds sends utility shutdown notifications by QC Mailer or by targeted departmental emails.

How do I report an after-hours emergency?

Call Public Safety at 718-997-5912 for all emergency situations.

How do I find out what positions are open within Facilities?

To obtain a listing of available positions for Queens College visit the Queens College Human Resources webpage.

How do I start a request to renovate my space?

Please visit our website to complete and submit a (PRF) project request form.

How do I request more space?

Your request should be submitted online to the Space Management Committee.

How do I request an interior sign? (Door signs, directional signs)

Complete and submit the request via the online work request system, entering all required information.

How do I request new furniture?

As a part of our Recycle and Reuse initiative, we maintain a store of gently used furniture items that are available to the Campus community. By completing and submitting your furniture request via the online work request system, we will schedule an appointment for you to view our current stock of items.