Precalculus & Calculus Requirements
In order to register for MATH 122, one must satisfy any one of the condition:
- HS Math GPA of at least 85 and successful completion of at least Algebra 2.
- NYS Trig regent with score of at least 70.
- NYS Common Core Algebra 2 regent with score of at least 70.
In order to register for MATH 131, MATH 141 or MATH 151, one must satisfy any one of the condition:
- HS Math GPA of at least 94 and successful completion of a course beyond Algebra 2.
- NYS Trig regent with score of at least 85.
- NYS Common Core Algebra 2 regent with score of at least 80.
Note: CUNY is no longer offering placement exam!
Math 113 and 114 do not prepare students for calculus; they are designed for nonmathematics and nonscience students who want to take a course in mathematics appreciation or in probability and statistics.
In order to register for Math 131, 132, 141, 142, 143, 151, 152, 158, or 201, a student must pass the appropriate prerequisite course with a grade of C- or better. This requirement will be enforced vigorously.
Students who have received advanced placement credit for a calculus course cannot receive credit for Math 110, Math 115 (Math 190.3), Math 122 or different calculus sequence.