On Campus Employment
To work on campus, you can request the On-campus Verification Letter from the International Students & Scholars Office. On-campus work includes work at any City University of New York (CUNY) institution and affiliate. Before you start working, make sure you request the On-campus Verification Letter.
To be eligible to work On- campus, you must:
- Your work for any City University of New York (CUNY) institution and affiliate
- You must hold a valid F-1 Visa/Immigration Status.
- You must be enrolled at Queens College full-time.
- You must be in good academic standing and not be working illegally.
How many hours can I work on campus?
- For F-1 International Students, on-campus work authorization is valid for part-time employment (20 hours or less per week) during fall and spring semesters and full-time employment (40 hours a week) during school holidays and summer recess.
- On-campus employment authorization must be renewed each semester.
First-time students without a Social Security Number:
After you complete the steps above, our office will send you an email with your Employment Verification for your employer and a date for you to pick up the social security letter and your I-20.
On-Campus Verification for Returning Students:
If you have a social security number and only need an On-Campus Verification Letter from the International Students and Scholars office, you can do the following:
- Send an email request at email@example.com
- Include your Full name, CUNY ID, SEVIS Number, and DOB
After two business days, you will receive an email with your On-Campus Verification Letter.
Do I need a Social Security Number? How can I apply for one?
Yes, you will need to request a Social Security Number.
To apply for a Social Security Number, follow the instructions on the Social Security information page.