Kate Pechenkina, Ph. D.
Dean of Faculty
Powdermaker Hall 335
65-30 Kissena Blvd
Queens, NY 11367-1597
News and Updates
Fall 2022 Events
- Pre-Law: Telling Your Story: Personal & Diversity Statement Workshop with Marco Navarro, QC Writing Center. September 20, 6:00 PM [on-line]
- The Fall 2022 Ideas Competition is now open. All QC undergraduate and Graduate students are encouraged to participate. Please register on Startup Tree
- Pre-Law Resumé Writing Workshop with Liz O’Connell, QC Career Engagement Center. October 6, 6:00 PM [on-line]
- Student Club Day: Mon, October 24, 12:00-1:30 PM, PH-333
- Pre-Law: Revising and Fine-Tuning your Drafts: Personal & Diversity Statement Workshop 2 with Marco Navarro, QC Writing Center, October 18, 6:00 PM [on-line]
New Faculty Orientation: Tue, August 23, 2022, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM. Music Building Atrium
- New Faculty Social Sciences reception: Th, September 8, 2022, 3:00 – 5:00 PM, Q-side Lounge (faculty only).
Programs and Centers
News and Events
Dan David Prize
In late January, Professor Kristina L. Richardson (GC/Queens, History, Middle Eastern Studies) received surprising news: She had won the Dan David Prize for the revelations in her new book, Roma in the Medieval Islamic World. The prize, a MacArthur-style “genius grant” for early and midcareer historians, comes with $300,000 and few strings.
Professor Megan Victor and QC Anthro students have created an education-driven digital laboratory displaying 3-D images of archaeological artifacts from the field. Check out this lab here at https://sketchfab.com/digitalarch and keeping checking in for updates!
Emergency Relief Fund
Professors Nuria Rodriguez-Planas and Rafael de Balanzo Joue receive grant to study Emergency Relief Fund for Undocumented and Low-Income Students.