Course title, department and number, number of credits and number of hours
Required and Recommended Texts and Materials
Mode of Instruction
The CUNY-wide definitions of mode of instruction are below. For more details, visit our Mode of Instruction page.
- In-Person: All required class meetings occur on campus, during scheduled class meeting times. Material that is provided online, via a learning management system or website, does not displace any of the required contact hours that would normally occur in a scheduled In-Person class.
- Hybrid (blended): Online contact hours displaces some portion of the required contact hours that would normally take place in a scheduled in-person (face-to-face) class.
- Fully online: All required contact hours are online. All the classwork, examinations, quizzes, writing assignments, lab work, etc. are fully online.
Sample text is provided for the elements below. If you will be using both an electronic and a paper syllabus, remember to spell out the URLs in parentheses.
Reasonable Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
CUNY Policy on Academic Integrity
Please maintain a professional demeanor when posting online. You can be respectful even when you have a difference of opinion. Treat others as you’d want to be treated yourself. Don’t type in all caps, as that is the online equivalent of shouting. If you need to emphasize a word or phrase, use italics.
Statement on Student Wellness
Use of Student Work
All programs in New York State undergo periodic reviews by accreditation agencies. For these purposes, samples of student work are occasionally made available to those professionals conducting the review. Anonymity is assured under these circumstances. If you do not wish to have your work made available for these purposes, please let the professor know before the start of the second class. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Tutoring or Other Support Services
If your students need tutoring, direct them to the Academic Support Center
Students who need help with their Queens College accounts (email, CUNY portal, Blackboard, and CUNYfirst) can call the ITS help desk at 718-997-4444 Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm or email Support@qc.cuny.edu. For more information, visit https://www.qc.cuny.edu/its/about/
If your student has technology issues (no devices, no internet, etc.), please have them contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For in-person classes
- Students must thoroughly wash their hands before using any computer terminal and wipe the keyboard and mouse prior to using the equipment.
- CUNY has lifted its temporary mask mandate. Anyone who would like to continue wearing masks in any setting is welcome to do so at any time. For more information, visit Use Masks to Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- Wash hands at key times, as described in When and How to Wash Your Hands
- Do not touch the face covering. Visit the CDC site for information on proper use, removal, and washing of cloth face coverings
For detailed guidelines, visit the QC Current Semester Guidelines